Congratulations on your upcoming marriage. May Allah bless you and your family. Clear Lake Islamic Center staff and Imam are glad to be a part of this joyous occasion. We want to make sure this will be a successful event for you and your future spouse. Please read carefully the list below of what is required to complete the process:
To initiate a nikah/marriage process please complete this
What needs to be done in order:
- Obtain a marriage licence from the county court.
- Clear Lake Islamic Center stipulates that both the groom and the bride meet with the Imam for introduction and “premarital religious counseling” at least two weeks before the ceremony. (Note: A premarital counseling course is highly recommended besides the religious one, these are some beneficial links: Haleh Banani, Importance of Premarital Counseling, Intimacy)
- After having completed the form above please print this [ marriage-application ]complete it and send it to this (firstname.lastname@example.org) or bring with you to the meeting.
- Fees: There are administrative fees of $250.00 if the ceremony is conducted at CLIC, and $500.00 if conducted outside of CLIC. (Write checks to Clear Lake Islamic Center)
- Valid photo identification cards/passports for all involved in the signing of the contract.